Sunday, July 12, 2009

Main Event day 3

So, for the combined sake of catharsis and completeness, here's my day 3. Start with a brutal table and play 3 hands badly, grinding my 225k stack to 165k. The second table was an absolute dream. I wasn't sure what I'd done to get a super soft table with position on 3 seemingly fishy players but here I was, ready to get barbecued by them.
Seat one, old fish, seat two, Spanish fish, seat three, tight predictable younger European kid (yes, I know, highly rare fish). Anyways, I get back up to 200k without really seeing a turn then the wheels fall off. The euro kid obviously came from a sit'n'go background. He kept all-in shoving over opens, open shoving the small blind with a 20bb stack, etc. So this really aggressive french player opens in early position (he's got 50% of all hands here), the kid shoves 40k on the button (playing like 800-1600)I have AKdd in the small blind. If by calling I fold out the french guy I create a 16k overlay in the pot and I'm flipping or crushing this kid's hand. He never balances his range by doing this with AA and KK. So I call because I think it looks stronger than over shoving 200k in the middle. So french guy puts on an act, folds, I flip vs. 99 and lose the 100k pot. So I'm down to 150k or so. The fishes start limping and playing a lot of hands so I start the isolation fest vs them and they just kept hitting!. They limp, I raise, they call any amount, I bet the flop, they call, the best bluff cards come on the turn, I bet, they call, river changes the board none and they donk, it was just silly, like torture watching these three.

The next big hit came a while later, I was getting smacked in these pots by the Spanish fish then he makes quad jacks on my full house. That's frustrating, lose 35k on that hand (he should have busted me the way the hand played out). So I'm back to like just over 100k at this point. Really sick run on this soft table. I've been super aggressive on this table which was different than the first two tables but i think it was right vs these guys, i really think it was optimal vs. these opponents and I think that more times than not, I end the day with 400k on that table.
Anyways. a few more silly things. After dinner I get back and have 150k b/c I bluffed the last hand before dinner all in with Ace high and won a big pot. So with 150k playing 1500-3000, I open AA, get 3bet by a 60k stack, I shove, he folds. What are these guys 3betting over 20% of their stack with and folding vs. the most aggressive person on the table. Bananananananas. (done for effect and lack of spelling).

So I open AQ next hand UTG, old fish flats K9off on the button, BB calls. QJT rainbow flop. I bet 17k into 49k. Fish goes all in for 65k total. The numbers may be off slightly but I took enough time with it. I figure that he's got a number of hands here after watching his play. The explanation is long and boring but I thought that I probably had about 33% vs. his range here and I was laid the right price at the time and I called, I couldn't snag one of the last K's. I lose another monster pot in a semi-cooler cause he can have the deck here. Vs. the range I estimated now, I have 52% equity but I doubt he plays the whole range the same way so. So I have 80k. I open AJss in the cutoff, I get called by this kid who's a superstar in his world of poker. Didn't speak all day but acted a bit like an ass at times. Anyways flop is T64 with two hearts. He checks, I check because I can't stand a check-raise here. Turn is a K and he leads. I don't think he has a king at all, either way I can pull him off a lot of kings on the river. I call with ace high planning to shove all rivers. Jack on the river. Shit, plan has to change, he checks, I check with value now. He shows AQ for the nut straight and I muck. He loses that pot 100% of the time if the river is any other card. I get value out of a river Q and he bet/folds to my allin shove if a blank falls. Here's a hugely unlucky river, he's got 3 outs for this pot and he's bet/folding almost always on the end vs. my stack size.
So, I have 74k or so with the blinds coming around, I find JJ utg and open, get three bet by the same kid, I shove, he calls with QQ and I'm out. Being so aggressive and active, I can't fold here and still have a shot at a deep run. Just sucks he's got QQ and not the TT/AQ/AK that he'd do the same with. I go out near the 880 spot, 640 get paid.

Bad world series, I haven't done the entire accounting of it but it won't be pretty for sure. I wish I played my own money in craps last night, lol... we stomped out the Wynn Encore's craps table for 4 hours!
If this entry seems scatter-brained it probably is, I'm playing a few PLO games on stars so I apologize.

Hope everyone's well. Leaving in the next few days I imagine.

1 comment:

ManYouSuck said...

Man you suck. As usual, you blew your chance by playing like a donkey. Heehaw!