Sunday, May 24, 2009

Wednesday flight out, return flight in ?

Looks like the boys are ready and team 'clockwyze', for lack of a better handle, will be reuniting for the $1000 no limit holdem event number 4, this saturday. By team clockwyze, i mean my good friends Andrew and Wes whom I get to spend all world series' with. Not only good friends but also the only people I feel comfortable asking for advice in all poker related topics and sharing action. It takes a lot of trust and confidence in people to mix poker and friendship. I feel very lucky to have maintained a great relationship with them. Andrew's truly the sickest of the sick on the poker world, and more importantly, become a very good friend. Look for him to have a massive world series. One of the biggest winners of all time online and a very good tournament player, he's way overdue for a big run in these events.
I think the first event for me will be event 3, omaha hi low on friday... it's a limit event and will restart at 2pm on saturday so if i make day 2 i'll skip the 1k (event 4). Looking forward to getting this thing underway.

Couple of side bets between the group of us for the extent of the series.
1. workout prop bet. Between Wes, Andrew, Christina and myself, we must workout a minimum of 30 minutes a day, if exception is to be made, it's 100usd in the pot for the person who skips the fewest days by the end. Not drinking should make me a favourite but buffets swing me to a massive underdog. The mirage is somewhat of a huge enemy of mine for that reason.
2. wsop fantasy pool, we're going to pick 10 or so players each and see who comes out ahead when all the nonsense is over. Perhaps better to be organized on cashsportspools.com but we'll make it work. Not sure on the amount of this one.

I'm also really excited for all the visits planned for this summer. Apparently my sister's heading out, my mom at some point, a bunch of the whitby guys, gunter for a bit.... should be a lot of fun. I guess here's where I make a quip at not repeating a second place finish but I'll save complaining for if i go 0-for. Second place once a year, fine by me.

No comments: