Saturday, May 17, 2008

its a very thin line between love and hate.

It's a lot pressure trying to come up with the first paragraph in what is sure to be the least read blog in the online poker community so I'll dispense with an attempt at humor or some whitty poker poker bit and just say hi !! , my name's Matt. You can find me burning money in cash games on PartyPoker and spewing off in donkaments on Full Tilt. I haven't yet found a way to decrease my net worth on PokerStars yet but I'll keep you posted.

The reason for this blog is so I could keep some of my people up to date on whats going on with me, especially for the upcoming World Series, in which many of them can't make it down for. Let me preface all this with a disclaimer: I, in no way, feel like a niche of cyberspace should be dedicated to my gambling exploits, so in an attempt to make ammends for my wasting of it, I'll try to keep it as light and comical as possible. Hopefully it's entertaining, I can assure you it'll be candid (and possibly painful).

Anyways, I digress. Here are some Pot Limit Omaha hands from last night's session.

This hand is a really interesting one. I ended up having 32% equity when the 4 of us shipped it all in there, one of the strongest spots I've ever seen when a big multiway pot has sprung up.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2620830

This hand is a bit of a cooler. His hand is somewhat obvious on the river raise but by smooth calling preflop I practically locked myself into a showdown as I can't really be put on the overfull. Needless to say....ouch.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2621731


The last hand is from 1-2 NLHE 6max. The game is really small variance-wise compared to the limit of PLO im playing but I've run poorly this month and I'm trying out responsible bankroll management for once. The money's small but the call is sort of thin.... trust me there was some back story to this hand between Shammooo and I, he deserved getting looked up.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2621735

Talk to you soon, keep your sticks on the ice.

No comments: