Monday, May 19, 2008

to love or hate cardrunners. 2+2 etc..

There's no doubt online poker has changed. I have only been playing consistently for 8 months now but you definitely notice the difference in how the game is being played. It is SO much more aggressive and so much harder to gauge where you're at, more so that it ever has been. I believe it's all of the instruction that is available. People like poker but were sick of loosing so they've turned to CR and the like, to learn how to learn less, or even win. SOOOOO, what do we do know... the styles have become ultra-Loose-Agressive, especially the PLO and NLHE 6max games. It's my belief that any game is beatable, you just need to know how to extract the most against the style of competition you're faced with. It is true however, the more aggressive the opponent is, the harder he is to deal with. I had a good day, booked a win across the board in PLO and NLHE. Here are some interesting hands...again, while looking at them, take in the action, it's so crazy nowadays.

My thought process was simple. Dude's been flatting me in position all day, so I thought I'd let him outplay me. The turn had me tank a bit but this dude's aggression is never indicative of his hand, his bet was too large and his line was that of air, not of value....or so I thought.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2630906


To illustrate the aggression at the higher limits (where the problem is even worse... or trend, not problem) here's a hand from a friend of mine. Yes, it actually happened.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2630866

Same principle, the new trend of extreme over-aggression in PLO, this time I've got him entirely dead when the stacks get in. We have a history though so I don't look at him like he's too crazy, I'd usually bet the flop and keep the lead, the check made him think he was live.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2630927

Anyways.... a few dandys from today, no need to post the coolers. We'll save them for later.

Looks like we finally locked a house up for the Vegas adventure, a few miles from the strip, pool, hot tub, a bunch of great stuff, it does need a Morasse and Pill mind you.

No comments: