Tuesday, June 24, 2008

An arms length away.....

I fell one person short today of grabbing that illusive first gold bracelet. I was fortunate enough to come 2nd in event 39, the $1500 No Limit Hold'em. First place went to David 'the magician' Woo. Only in poker can you somehow win in one day what it'd take years to make and still be unhappy, lol. I'm very competitive and I made a few mistakes today. I hope I can learn from them and hopefully someday I'll have another shot at winning one. I am having trouble finding the link for the live video broadcast so if anyone has it, please post it as a comment. Here is a link to the post-knock-out interview I had with Bill Edler. If you do take a second to watch the interview, notice that 'my expertise, better play, superior reads', or any other typical comments you here from tournament winners aren't uttered. I was very fortunate to be able to have come 2nd today. I did my best to minimize luck throughout the event but I know it worked in my favour on more than one instance. You simply cannot win or come deep in the money in a 3000 person field without a few breaks going your way.
http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/wsoptv/index.asp?curPage=1&videocatid=0&videoid=283

Here's the highlight package of all the knockouts:
http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/wsoptv/index.asp?curPage=1&videocatid=0&videoid=285

I am a little worn out and tired, it was 30 something hours all tolled in the last few days but I'll be back on the grind tomorrow with the $1500 Pot Limit Omaha 8/better Hi Low Split at noon. I feel like this is my best game and I hope to have a strong showing. Breaks can wait a few days.

I also want to thank everyone for the constant phone and text support throughout the day. I'm unhappy that I couldn't scoop 1st but your support and confidence really made me feel at ease during the final table. Thanks Caroline, TonyO, MGM, Derek and Wes for railing the event all day. Hopefully this isn't the last time I put a deep run together.

Snap those bracelets are hard to get. How do some of these sickos have 8,10,11? Creepy.

No comments: