Tuesday, June 9, 2009

$1500 stud + $2500 6max nlhe.....

So, I played the $1500 stud event a day or two ago. It starts really shallow and my table was bad in that there were two really good stud players ('bumper' and sam grizzle), former stud bracelet winner chris reslock, ftp pro perry friedman and then a few randoms. I decided going into it, I was going to play faster than usual and try and play a ton of more hands than I usually would in a limit tournament. Obvious result, busto city in like the 4th level. I did lose AAA on 3 vs. 55Q in my huge 4 way all in pot playing 200-400 but i lost a lot in HU smaller pots in the levels before. I don't really think that blasting early is optimal or not optimal, it's more a function on the play at your table, and against good stud players I thought they'd be less apt to gamble, didn't matter, they held hands and got to showdown. Not really reflective on this one, stud's not my best game but I probably faired worse than I should have in this event.
Yesterday we took off. Andrew, Christina and I bummed around, got some stuff for the condo, watched the Orlando/LA game with my sister, ran hot in craps (golden arm is back) etc,. Today Wes, Andrew and I played the $2500 6max event. The field got 1050 players since it was the only event of the day. Andrew and Wes didn't fair well in the early levels, I ended day one with $33,300 in chips, under the $55k average or so. We are 37 from the money I believe but we're playing 600-1200 w a 200 ante I believe so I'm not really short but I can't open liberally obviously. So there were a lot of interesting pots. Two hands that really crippled me that I decided to fold on the river. I'm not a fan of hero laydowns but I don't think that I could call off in either spot profitably. I won't subject you to the hand histories but of the three tables I played, I had 1 good table and 2 terrible ones. Anyways, fingers crossed I can run a bit hot tomorrow. I'm not going to worry about getting in the money, I'd rather try to find a good spot and run up some chips. The money starts at like $4800, the $500k+ for first would quench the thirst a little better. ttys.

No comments: