Friday, June 26, 2009

real quick...

Event #42: Pot-Limit Omaha 8/Better High Low Split.
761 players, 87 left. 72 Money. I have an above average stack of $48,800 to end day one (start with 4500). I think the blinds start back at 800-1600 (open full pot is 5200). Bottom line, good day, played well, avoided two spots where I could have conceivably slept well at night if I busted although I was making good decisions and avoided eliminations both times. I really like this event and feel like there is a TON of value in that the play has been so weak thus far. By and large, the field is riddled with players that come from a limit background and just don't adapt to running hands all in preflop and in big bet situations. The equity disparities of some of these hand ranges have made for some really bad play but like any other tournament, you just need to HOLD ON ! when you're all in. Anyways, I'm feeling good, I'm excited, hopefully a deep run materializes tomorrow.

No comments: