Friday, June 26, 2009

really quick is right....

So I just barely cash today in 66th spot. I'm extremely frustrated with today's outcome so if I come across a little harsh, it's because I'm feeling extremely harsh. I get up to about 65k before the bubble starts. On the STONE bubble I lose an 85k pot. I open KK25 double suited because the table is super tight and the BB is just holding on for a min cash. I get flatted in the middle of the table by a weak player (shown some nonsense already), he has 45k or so. 14k in the pot. Jd 9d 6h flops. I only have KK here but look at the situation. He can't have AA, he most likely can't have the other case KK here, QQ is a really tough call. Can't have JJ/99 because the only combinations playable should be in the muck in this spot but whatever, he flopped a set than I lose. He can have diamond draws, if he does, I'm flipping with him unless he's got a combination wrap. Anyways, I decide if I check, I'm check/folding, if I bet small, i'm bet/folding, if I lead for pot, I'm obviously bet calling it off. What does my hand look like here if I lead for pot. I'm never full potting/folding so it's never a bluff. My hand looks like AAxx here and with his hand (we eventually see this noble prize winner has AQT4 no diamonds) he's a small dog BUT if i have any combination of diamond draw he's worse than 40% here. Say I had KK w diamonds, he's got close to 35%. Anyways, I full pot, he ships, I call, he binks an 8 right away and I can't counterfeit with a backdoor low on the river. His play is terrible here for a multitude of reasons. He should know I'm committed to showdown, in that case if he's up vs. diamonds, he's getting in bad, if he's up against a dominated draw like QKTA or something like that, he's a huge dog, blah blah blah, calling off your tournament here with no flush draw is terrible. I don't want to give you the I run bad speech, just have to stop losing the most critical pots of the tournament vs. non-thinking players. This is just the way tournament poker has gone for me this summer, loose the key pots at the worst times. I min-cashed then got the last 10bb in bad vs. the same player, my 40% didn't pull through. I guess mine's worse, I knew I was putting in the last of my small stack with the 40%'er and vs. me for the big pot he was damn lucky to have 44%, he's getting it in sometimes with like 20% there vs. the hands I'll lead/call off.

Extreme frustration will continue in tomorrow's $1500 event 51. Three min cashes, three pseudo day 2 bubbles, 2 slight illness's and 1 really stuck house. World Series of Poker, priceless.

No comments: