Sunday, June 14, 2009

how creepy is phil ivey

The title says enough. 2nd bracelet this year in the $2500 half Omaha 8/better, half Stud 8/better. I wonder how much money was won in the side this time? It's a hell of a run this monster's on.
I'll keep my exploits short and sweet. I was up 6 skins on Andrew at the par 3 golf course when my double bogey on 9 for a huge press (double or nothing essentially) evened out the match. Really upsetting.
Looks like I'm going to cash in the $1500 massive no limit hold'em field I played today. I think we're 65 or so from the money (starts at 270, we have 2800 people in this one). I have average chips at around 34k (I think that's around average?). I lost some big pots that would have had me around 50k to end the day but no problem, super weak field making tons of mistakes, all my tables were more or less great, held some hands, ran some bluffs, we'll see how tomorrow goes. Would be nice to finally get a stack and make an effort in one of these things but if min-cashing is all I have to complain about, I'll need a more sympathetic audience.
My boys are running terrible here. Andrew lost his heads-up match in round one today through a sick beat, bottom two got all-in counterfeited and Wes busted from today's crap shoot. These two are long overdue for some outrageous good fortune.

No comments: