Monday, June 22, 2009

Event 42: $2500 8-Game Mixed Event.

On to day two with an incredibly short stack ($7300 or so, started the day with $7500). I lose almost every hand I played in all the games except for a huge quadruple-up in Omaha 8 (Ah2hQcJc on a 4h5hQs Js Jd board). Then a few all-in no limit hands. I had a shot to be up to $15k but my AQo couldn't live against Andy Bloch's QTss. For the record I'm 0-3 vs. Andy Bloch in lifetime wsop hands (and yes I'm keeping track). The table was fun for the most part, a few fish, a few big poker stars like Brian 'the icon' Micon, JC Tran and Andy Bloch. I thought I played ok today, made a few mistakes in 2-7 triple draw when I think some blind aggression could've won a few hands instead of playing/drawing for value...stud games went well the I seemed to pull very poorly in Razz. NLHE and PLO both were fine but I lose $3k in a plo bluff spot that I think should have worked enough for the play to have been right. Anyways, time to run hot on day two. I believe we start at 2pm with Triple Draw, playing 800-1600 so I have a few bets left. Whatever, couldn't do anything differently today really, I'm happy I didn't give up when I was short, now I hope the life I left myself can make some moves.

On a good note, before the event started I was playing a main event satellite online with my roomate Wes, which we won, so I'm free-rolling the main. It solves that problem, the living problems (they put us up at the palms) and yeah, nice to not have to pay $10k usd. Maybe things are starting to turn for us??? :) Andrew's back tomorrow, watch for the Clockwyze attack in the 10k PLH.

No comments: