Tuesday, June 23, 2009

not really a bubble.

The mixed event got off to a good start yesterday. I had a very espn'y table. Robert Williamson, Layne Flack, Justin Bonomo, Tuan Le, Jeffrey Lisandro, Esther Rossi, some Euro Kid. Table was very serious, as these 'professional' tables usually are. They left it up to Robert Williamson and I to try to have a good time (seems to be a very nice guy). Anyways, I pucker the few bets I have left and take some shots in Razz, lose, get 1/2 stacked, win a stud pot, double up in No Limit Hold'em, then Lisandro opens the puck in PLO and re-pot out of the big blind with Ah6hKcTc, he gets in with me with something in the order of AKQ4 no suits. I win with a flush, up to 18k, then eliminate bonomo with JT78 vs. AQQ5, all of a sudden, up to 25k in the first two levels. Predictabley, run bad in triple draw when my 2 shots at a 2345x go down in flames (1500-3000 betting limits). I open and then give up in a few omaha 8 hands, get real short again through the anting off stud rounds (card dead on a table that plays pretty well is not a good winning formula) then put in the last few bets around 18 off the money in limit holdem. Busto around 4 hours in.

I really don't know if more could be done in any spots that day. I felt I was pretty patient and didn't steam off unnecessarily in spots that you just can't win pots, doubled up fortunately in some of the big bet games, drew generally poorly in triple draw and went card dead in stud. All in all, another non-cash/non-deep run. As far as other good news, there isn't all that much, I took a small piece of a 200-400 heads-up horse session last night where we got banged up for 35k. The player we had was very poor and it's very frustrating to come out on the losing end of it. Examples of his play include, 4bet capping preflop in O8 with 79TQ double suited vs. AA24, have 6T vs. our A6 in limit hold'em on a A6T flop, Kturn, Qriver... sort of thing, capping flop and turn.. Just a very poor run over the last few weeks. Anyways, no use focusing on that. Andrew's got the 10k Pot-Limit Hold'em today, cross your fingers for the kid, in two days I'm going to be writing, it's about damn time :)

No comments: